04 June 2007

Piss Poor

I’m just about to find out what it’s like to be piss poor. I have no money, very little food, very few cigarettes and I’m just about out of bourbon. I have no insurance (health or auto). I have paid the last of the bills that I can afford to pay. Things will start getting shut off very soon, which means I will no longer be able to post to this blog until I get some money, and as of now, there are more important bills than internet.

As I lamented in a previous entry, I cannot find a job. Even Ace Hardware didn’t call me back. It’s as though I’ve been blacklisted. I got a part time gig writing for a fledgling racing circuit keeping stats and writing race synopses, and I went to my first race ever this past weekend, but it got rained out, so no check from that. I went to South Carolina and back for nothing.

Even if I could afford gas, I can’t go anywhere because some asshole ran around the parking lot of my apartment building and let air out of all the tires. I’ll figure out a way to get the tires filled, but by Florida law, if your insurance lapses, your driver’s license is revoked and the police are notified. I cannot drive my car without breaking the law.

I will post again, probably in July. Until then, I simply don’t have the will to write anything. My mother used to quote Thumper’s Daddy and say, “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” Nobody wants to hear me whine, so I’m going to shut up for a while. Thanks for reading, and hopefully, I’ll be back soon.

1 comment:

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thumper's Daddy was wrong. I want to hear what you've got to say.
Give me your address I'll send something and I don't mean advice.