08 June 2010

Quickies

I saw a comedian on TV once, a long time ago when I was in high school. His name was Larry Mule Deer, and one of his many shticks was holding a manual typewriter next to his head and repeatedly tapping one of the keys as he related fake headlines/news teasers. Anyone who watched news in the 70’s knows that news was much more believable if there were clacking typewriters in the background. Imagine clacking typewriters as you read these. They are off the cuff, mostly unedited, and hopefully interesting.


Burger King has, if you believe their commercials, bone-in smoked ribs. No good can come of this. As a rib snob, I’m not sure anything else needs to be said.

Last Sunday, June 6, was the 66th anniversary of D-Day. Both the History Channel (HISTORY CHANNEL) and Discovery, two of the usually watchable channels, had marathons of either Ice Road Truckers or Pawn Stars. I guess it’s fitting, because with their heroic actions, both of those groups helped turn the tide against the axis powers which helped steer the world away from certain tyranny. History channel. For shame.

I can’t decide which satirical show I like better, South Park or Robot Chicken. Both are, to me, exceptionally funny.

I can’t imagine how this guy feels. He was on a walk with his woman with the express intent of proposing to her at the top of the hill. She was struck by lightning and died minutes before they reached the summit. Truth really is stranger than fiction, and far sadder.

1 comment:

Wasfiqah said...

hey there. this is the first time i viewed your blog, to me it sounds funny but mostly because it makes so much sense! You can follow me too if you want at http://wasfiqah-therealme.blogsot.com